Path to Shatterdown

The Furious Sun ended the reign of Man-As-God.
 
HomeFAQCalendarSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 Come Sail Away! xD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
By the By

avatar

Posts : 191
Location : Everywhere HAHA.

Character sheet
Name:: XQ, XBBQ, By, BB, By the By,
Classification: Classified

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:00 am

He would have never been able to hear the chorus of hisses that escaped the tent. He did however recognise the young face that greeted him shortly after. It was Valac, his...well...adoptive son. Although he didn't adopt him out of complete will. In the beginning it was more of a payback for someone who helped him; to put it short, he was in a bad situation and didn't know what to make out of this world he once knew. So someone came along and helped him reorient himself in a world that had become strange, thus he owed them something dear. That person, later came to him with a huge favor; take care of this little Naga child for her. She was too busy in her world and her situations to take care of the child. Nirvasull thought this might have been a temporary issue, that he would have only had to take care of this boy for a few months, maybe a year. A few months turned into a year, which turned into two, which soon turned into 10. In those years, the ancient demon grew attached to this boy, as though it were his own son. He taught the boy many things throughout the years, and he grew to become an independant and organised young man.
His "mother" never came back for him. She was not of the type to settle down and take care of a child. Nirvasull's opinion of her, and thought she was an irresponsible person. However the boy never ceased to love her as though she was his own mother, and too this day looks up to her greatly. Nirvasull never said a word about this woman in front of Valac.

The old demon pulled out a crooked grin from his emotions drawer, genuine and fatherly.
"Valac!" he boomed, showing his werewolf like canines "I thought aye maight seeh yeh heer. Yer carht's lookin' healthy. Aye was...shoppin'." he descided to keep his reason here short. Valac began acting all squirmy if Nirvasull mentionned women in general. He didn't want to make his son uncomfortable.
"Aye've been plahnning ter visit yeh fer a whaile. Aye wahnted ter see how yeh were doin'." he made another smile, which somehow suited his heavily scarred face. "Aye see yer doin' good, yer look healthy 'n well fed. Buisness boomin'?"

Somewhere not too far away, however, caught his attention. It was someone, a young person, a young woman....human. He thought this might be Lore, coming to get him after picking out somen clothe. But...this person felt older, and perhaps a little more experienced. Or maybe...not so much experienced as lost. Lost in this world of chaos and creatures, animation, cawing, mooing, screaching, barking, what have it. For the moment he ignored it, storing this piece of information somewhere in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

As she had expected, Molly wasn't much help in picking clothes but she did make Lore feel a little bit safer with these magical beings in this magical environment (which really shouldn't be the case considering the shark woman's predatory nature which Lore has failed to fully evaluate.) She just kept pointing out all of the silliest, most hilarious 'clothes' however, making the human respond laughingly every time; "HAH-! That's priceless." "Pfft, did a unicorn pee on that? It's certainly magical..." "AHAHAHA-! Okay no seriously, stop joking, Molly."
And finally, not too long from then she was changing into a multilayered outfit in different shades of gray. Her faaavorite. Stepping out of the dressing room, Lore didn't even seek anybody elses opinion. She simply glanced at a mirror at a few different angles, noted the length of the pants and said: "Looks good to me, let's buy it and go. Oh, sorry for making you wait so long, Molly!" Yep, that was a subtly more excited attitude.

((Sparky you'z gonna have to pay the river woman, Lore dun have magical moneys))

----

Valac chuckled. "Shopping?!" That was rare for him! He then further brightened at his adoptive father's words. "I'm doing fantastic, actually. Business is good as usual, after all you won't find a better serpent tamer than me!" He had a fist against his chest in proud gesture, half-jokingly. But then his face saddened. "Too bad most people looking for snakes intend to use them as weapons and threats. I often attract that kind of customer, and they can get a bit aggressive when I turn them away. S'all right though, I'm pretty strong." He smiled at the end, fingering the hilt of his sword indicatively; his mother had taught him swordsmanship upon his request, every time she had visited. In his childhood days he dreamed of being heroic like her in some of her stories (the warrior route was one that she rarely undertook, but it's the one she had been when he was born.) He was now a member of the world-crossing caravan expeditions that she led, but he still didn't see her often. A few times a year at most, sometimes just once. But he didn't ask Nirvasull any questions about that; his old man didn't like to talk about it. Valac knew of the conditions under which the demon had raised him, and that their relations had only deteriorated. No matter how they were, the Naga truly felt that he had a real family, and a real dad.

"You also look well. Sorry, could you wait a second? Then we can catch up..." He commented, closing up his shop and making sure the protective enchantments that he'd purchased were in place. (It'd be bad if certain friends of his dropped by for a visit about now, some of them were a little... well, abrasive toward the gateways sensibilities. The naga decided they should go on a stroll instead of staying around the cart.) "And that reminds me! I got you something..." A horned white snake had slithered up to the doorway, clenching something in its jaws; a coffee mug with the words "World's Best Dad" on it. With a slightly embarrassed smile Valac took the object, holding it towards Nirvasull. "I thought you'd like it."

((Sparky, your choice of character is WIN. xDD She is about to face off with a naga and a demon... lmao
They must bump into each otherrr. Or maybe she trips and Valac catches her or something cheesy like that *trollface nao* ))
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
xsparky



Posts : 163

Character sheet
Name:: sparky
Classification: seamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm


It seemed her nitpicking and nagging would fall on deaf, uncaring ears. Molly's eyebrows creased lightly, lips pushing forward in a silly little pout. She crossed her arms, giving a final sigh of defeat as Lore excited the dressing room in layers of gray. It wasn't the cute young girls dress Molly had in mind when they entered the shop.

"Oh, I didn't mind waiting, Hun," Molly said, already searching the pockets of her thick furry coat, finally pulling out a sleek, black wallet. The fact that she would be paying must have been assumed by both parties- Molly really didn't expect Lore to have come with any sort of currency. The woman likely would have paid anyway. Despite the shopping day not going exactly as she had wished, Molly still wanted to treat Lore. It could be debated whether this was Molly being nice, or some alter 'buy clothes, eat later' ploy. Who knew. "I just wished you had considered something more....fashionable".

The shark turned to the storekeeper, pausing. She wondered if items in the floating market even traded for human world cash. Molly really hoped that was this case. It would be rather embarrassing to be stuck in the shop with no way to pay for Lore's new outfit.

"This will be all, dear," Flashing her brilliant white teeth, Molly unzipped her wallet, reaching for a few American bills.



---


At least she wouldn't grow bored on this walk. No, every step forward revealed a new shop, a never before seen beast crossing her path, a thousand objects laid out for sale she had never even imagined possible. The woman couldn't help but gawk- her head following the massive black deer, it's pelt a living creation of moving shadows, its head, nothing but a bare, white skull.

She shook her head, beginning to move again. She felt as if she was getting nowhere (well, at least nowhere she needed to be). Bumping and moving through the noisy crowd wasn't helping, either. If she could get to a more open space....maybe she would have a better view of the place. She could more easily find her direction.

It seemed the perfect idea, just now hitting a large group of patrons, all gathered around a very busy shop. The group gathered here was a massive assortment, all barking and whistling and cawing up to the front of the crowd, for whatever product was being displayed. The woman found herself having to push her way through, scowling to the sudden mosh pit she had found herself in. Her efforts to escape the cluster became a nearly epic struggle.

It was unfortunate that her escape from the mob came at the risk of her immediately tripping into the empty road. She shrieked (She really hadn't meant to. It was a rather embarrassing reaction), readying herself for the harsh landing on the cobblestone-
before landing perfectly in the arms of some young Naga boy.

Dramatically, as if being shot by the worlds cheesiest film director, the woman's long, brown hair feathered out behind her, almost slow-motion, surprise painting across her delicate features. Some unworldly creature began to play a soft, slow tune on a pan flute. The tiny pink petals falling in the background would have been seen to most onlookers as the last touch to this scene, but to an Ent strolling past, was nothing but a case of terrible, leafy dandruff.



(( Sob. Hah, thanks. |'D Both of my characters here are rather girly. Should be fun, though. THERE. THERE IS YOUR CHEESY FALL. ))
Back to top Go down
By the By

avatar

Posts : 191
Location : Everywhere HAHA.

Character sheet
Name:: XQ, XBBQ, By, BB, By the By,
Classification: Classified

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 am

(( Oh. My. God. Cheesy fall. And a mug. Oh god, here comes a long ass post...))

This little naga boy had quite something in him. The old demon could feel it; even though Mythee wasn't around him very often, she always left behind a very strong presence, a sort of stamp that she had been with him. Of course, this was unintentional from her part, he was sure Mythee didn't purpously leave behind a mark. But it showed by the way Valac held his sword;
It was a proud stance, confident, not so much loud, yet very obvious. The sword in his hilt was...quite plain. Yet it was still a sword. He knew Mythee, no matter how irresponsible, would not do a half assed job of teaching someone how to fight with a sword. He was well trained.

Yet there was once thing Mythee couldn't be held responsible for; teaching Valac how to utilise magic. He was after all a naga, and every naga has a potential of magic usage. If caught early and carefully trained, a naga could even become a wizard of unimaginable power. Nirvasull watched his son use a few enchantments to close up shop; he swelled a little bit in pride as he knew that even these little enchantements would be enough to keep the cart from harm's way.
Nirvasull had this feeling however that this little cart might not be open for much longer. He could taste Valac's hunger for adventure vibrating within the hilt of his sword. Perhaps he should support his son on this new course; teach him further magic, train his sense of it. Maybe even make him a proper sword. Yes, not buy, make.

Back to the moment. A Valac offered him something...

"Valac...yer...ermm." he managed to gruff. Like some great lion his pride swelled up, emanating with pulses of superiority. His scarred face cracked into a sharp smile, which was unusual for the demon. "This is ther best gift, thank yeh Valac. Aye....yer.....errrr..." he didn't even know what to say for something like this. So instead of trying to formulate a sentence he grabbed Valac for a noogie type embrace hug thing. Just as quickly as he had grabbed him, Nirvasull let go, the air to his side vibrating violently as though someone had screamed. He turned his head towards the occurence and spotted that human girl, again. Why was it that all humans were somehow attracted to him. No, correction; all cute things. Trues, she was not a half bad looking girl, very....adorable if one may say. Yet there she was, perhaps falling in the most dramatic way, right smack into Valac's open arms. Rose petals flew bast in the background as the old demon watched the painting of her hair flow around her face.

". . . Naice way ter insert yerself in 'er conversatiun. Are yeh oh-kay?" he asked the young woman with a chuckle, still in a fatherly mood, setting a large clawed hand on her shoulder. He gently helped her back up from Valac's hands, making sure not to rattle her cage any more then it was. He could feel her loss and awe in this world, and just like Valac, this sense of adventure.
Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps this meeting could be of more use then at first thought. "Now that yer haff fallen into vicinity, whay dun't yeh introduce yerself, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Looking up to Molly's dolled-up face, Lore could almost swear that there was disappointment there. But under all of that makeup, hey, who knows? (Actually, she knew all too well that her choice of clothes was not to the probably-older woman's tastes.) "Hey thanks Molly," she went with a most sincere tone, despite that "hun" taking another point of HP off of Lore's (unusually long) patience bar. She would just tell her to stop using those little pet names, were Molly anybody else but Molly; some basic instinct was warning her not to go there with Ms. Sharp Teeth here. Besides, she felt both indebted and guilty when it came to this person; it was, after all, her sword who had injured Molly (albeit temporarily thanks to their demon friend). Wait, why am I feeling responsible for Soring's actions? Damn... Something about that irritated her. She had thought that the fact that her blade no longer seemed to exert that insistent nag in her mind was a good sign, but if it meant the glass heron's attempts at infiltration had only gotten more discreet she wasn't at all pleased.

Back to the current state of affairs, the fountain-noises lady showed no sign of surprise at Molly's currency. On the contrary the dark lady appeared to be pleased, as if she had stricken a good deal. "This amount shall suffice." She spoke, inclining herself in a slight polite bow as she picked an appropriate number of paper bills out of Molly's offering hands. "Thank you for your business, we hope to see you again." She smiled once more, mysterious but businesslike.

Moments later, Lore was stepping out of the store, gray-clad and feeling refreshed. Ahh, the luxury of non-puke smelling clothes, how it has been missed.

`'`'`'`'`'`'`

As much as it moved him to have moved his dad, Valac was mildly embarrassed at this display in public. It didn't keep him from smiling and returning the hug with his own gentle strength, however awkward the whole noogie thing was. The complaint "Ah-! My hair!" did manage to escape him, however. Obviously, Nirvasull had not gotten much practice. Another (small, and unfortunate) part of him at the moment was repressed laughter- if one were to explain it, one would recall golden eyes sparkling with mischief and Mythee's voice saying something about Valac when he was a baby and certain expressions looking very weird on an old demon's face. It hadn't helped that this was part of conversation she'd had with the short-tempered man himself.

Just as he had been released from Nirv's iron grip, Valac noticed something odd going on in a nearby crowd- it seemed someone was trying to push and shove their way through, eliciting much return-push-shoving and indignant shouting. Valac narrowed his eyes. I wonder what's going on- The thought was interrupted when a blur of shrieking movement burst out of the fray and fell in his general direction. There was a split-second to react. Reflexively, the young naga extended his arms forward and caught them- her.

He was looking down, which was a mistake. His opalescent eyes locked with hers, round with surprise and not unlike mirrors, reflecting his face and the background and the sky (and the rose petals?!) with unnerving sharpness as everything went slow motion... He felt dizzy- the girl was also heavier than he would have expected, which he did not know was because of a certain mace. Was there music playing in the background? There was this soft feeling about his arms and his cheeks and ears were burning all of a sudden and he really wasn't any good with girls WHAT AM I DOING?!! The Naga boy was both dying of embarrassment and punishing himself mentally for not catching her in a way that would be easier to set down without dropping her. Also for being so shy. Thankfully Nirvasull took care of that while he still couldn't find any words. By the time Nirvasull had gotten to introductions, Valac has only succeeding in changing his expression from shock to shame to apologetic to anger at himself and back a dozen times. "S-s-ssorry about that," he then managed to blurt out with an awkwardly trembley snake-tonguey voice, which was a naga accent that never manifested in him except at the worst moments like this. He followed that up with an authentic facepalm, closing his eyes in irritation. Okay, could we call it a day, I just want to go hide in my caravan now...

Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
xsparky



Posts : 163

Character sheet
Name:: sparky
Classification: seamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm


Outside the shop, Molly stopped a few steps from the now closed door behind them. Meticulously, the woman was re-adjusting the long gloves that covered her arms, and then spent a moment making sure her hat was in perfect place upon her cropped white hair. There didn't seem to be much thought behind the movements.

However- reaching her arms down to flatten the side of her dress- the obvious hint of displeasure flooded Molly's face, as her fingertips brushed past the top of her leg. The previous night this leg had been cut open into a fine bloody gash- today, though covered with the yellow fabric of her outfit, she knew no scar remained. Nirvasull had kindly taken care of that. Yet for the physical scarring removed, the demons work could not heal the mark created in the sharks mind about the incident.

Molly's eyes flickered back to Lore, just for a moment, before returning to her dress. The young girl was still lugging around the sword. An appearance of that strange glass bird had not happened since last night, though. Lore, the sword, Soring- there was little differentiation between the three in Molly's mind. With a small clearing of her throat Molly stood, smiling warmly down to Lore.

Nirvasull was waiting for their return. Quite clearly, Molly would not be able to return to him without the young girl trailing behind. All limbs and sword intact. Anyway- the promise of a meal out tonight would tide over the woman's feelings, at least for today.

"So. Shall we go find Nirvasull, dear?"

Molly had high doubts Lore would respond with anything interesting like 'no, lets shop some more!' or 'let's talk about fashion, Miss Molly', so the woman assumed it would be a simple 'yes', and began to move back into the crowded streets.






---




Her head was still swimming from the sudden fall, for a moment, forgetting all about her unusual surreal and demonic surroundings. She was staring back into the wide, nervous eyes of a boy clearly younger then herself. The woman had only managed to blink and begin to collect her wits about her- when she felt a strong hand on her shoulder, pulling her kindly back to her own two feet.

Her head turned to the man looming over- and Oh God. This was indeed seeming to be quite the embarrassing day for (nearly) everyone. She caught her shocked gasp a moment too late, her hand flying up to try and cover the sharp sound. Like the girly scream moments before...it was obviously unintended. This market-place was bringing forth a lot more of her younger, childish reactions then the woman cared to be showing. With a trained eye- he clearly was not of human blood; Pointing out from the classy, black gentleman's hat were two pointed ears, and, those yellow eyes. It was the scars that had caught her off guard, though, and earned the rude gasp. There was another muffled rush of sound from behind her gloved hand, which one would assume to be a very uncomfortable apology, as she turned her head quickly back to the boy that had caught her moments before- the girl visibly jumped, expression returning from ashamed to quite alarmed.

A Naga! Of all the unworldly creatures!

Her pervious experiences with the rare creatures had not often been pleasant. Unlike dear, sweet Valac here, the creatures she was used to dealing with were the cliché violent serpents from most bedtime lore. To be far, though...the woman almost always meet monsters on the terms that she would be removing them in some way, through exorcisms or killing, so who could really blame the souls she happened upon to fight back.

"Oh! I'm...Fine!"

She was obviously still very rattled. Her other hand's grip tightened along the polished mace handle, head turning back and forth between Nirvasull and Valac.

Only now beginning to collect herself...Right. Floating market. Surrounded by demons and beasts and birds and not a single other human (that she knew of, anyway). She was supposed to be here. She wasn't supposed to be reverting to her silly, naive ways of exorcising every demon that happened into eyesight. She definitely wasn't supposed to be making such terrible first impressions.

"I'm alright. Sorry...about that," The woman gave a little nod, following with a tiny, polite curtsey. Maybe she could save some face with a proper introduction. The kind usually only warranted for formal, serious business-like meetings with the important, classy sort of clients. "Ceres, of King Tristan the 3rd, of Mother Marthilda, hailing from the town of Morroc. I am here on behave of Father Mareusis, of the Prontera Church. Its a pleasure to make both your acquaintances".
Back to top Go down
By the By

avatar

Posts : 191
Location : Everywhere HAHA.

Character sheet
Name:: XQ, XBBQ, By, BB, By the By,
Classification: Classified

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:03 am

All fatherly emotions came to an abrubt halt when he saw the young woman's reaction; a hand to mouth, a gasp of shock at his appearance. The scars on his face once more earning him a rude reaction.

Just another human. Just another member of the church.

The atmosphere around them suddenly changed to a tense and uneasy feeling. It felt as though a storm would strike any minute; the sunny skies rapidly clouded over, sparks almost forming around them in mid air. Passerbys headed for the nearest shops, many opened thair umbrellas or umbrella like limbs, cooing, cawing and snarling, looking up at the sudden angry skies in dissapointment, fear. The muffled appology passed on deaf ears (not that he would have heard her anyways); what an uneducated twat. She most certainly doesn't need to introduce herself here. He knew who she was from the beginning of their rather unpleasent encounter; Ceres. Little human Ceres. But it was her reaction to his son that made the glass overflow.
Sock and fear in her stance, surprise, tightening her grip on her mace. Nirvasull narrowed his eyes wearily at the young human, placing a hand on Valac's shoulder, moving him over ever so slightly; a warning. Nirvasull usually made it a point to remain calm and collected with his son, but the simple presence of this girl made him forget all of this. He was widly insulted.

"Pleahsure." was all he seemed able to reply, bitterness oosing from every syllable. It took an awkward and uncomfortable, tense silence for him to continue, with a very sour and serious tone. "Whot mission did Father Mareusis send yeh on. Yeh are treadin' on mahgical terri'try hear. Yeh pehtty raites will noht be tohlerated."

Without further ado, the sky broke into a cackle of thunder and it started pouring rain, turning the streets into a wet mess. A series of moans and groans could be heard from inside the shops, as creatures watched the downpour begin. It took the ancient Demon a moment to raise his hand over his head, waving it around a little, forming a type of barrier that acted like an umbrella. The rain slid off what seemed to be an invisible shield above his spiky auburn hair, covering himself, Valac, and Ceres as well. He had purpously made sure she wouldn't get wet either, however reluctantly he had done so.
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 am

There were some people that Lore could never quite figure out, and Molly was one of them. It made her uneasy sometimes to catch a glimpse of the expressions on the lady's face, the direction of her eyes, which would seem to suggest something else (of a nature unbeknownst to the human) than her subsequent completely friendly behavior of shallow proportions. There was a possibility that the shark lady disliked her. There was also a possibility that she was unintentionally patronizing. As for Nirvasull, she had begun to build an understanding, and her understanding included that he'd been in the mood for real objects as of late after the uncomfortable prior incident. This is why despite the welcome suggestion that they return immediately to his sides, when Lore found rain pattering against her fresh clothes, a lovely (and urgent) idea sprung up in her mind. "UMBRELLA." She stated, nonetheless standing out in the open. "...Molly, don't you think Nirvasull would like that we get him one, or something?"

---

Meanwhile, Valac was lingering uneasily, slightly apart from the other two. Once he caught notice of the girl's alarmed glance, he had an inkling that Nirvasull wasn't going to like her. Nevertheless he could only attempt to project the image of a "friendly naga" by uh... an awkward smile and a little wave of his gloved hand. Today... was a day that he would surely try to forget ever happened. (This series of events, in any case.) He listened to the introduction, confirming his doubts. From the Prontera church... He had not heard of it, but most churches had a radical stance against demons and 'monsters' like nagas. He had not smelled human when he [though unintentionally] tasted the air with his tongue, earlier, but he was now almost positive that she was human. She must've cloaked herself, somehow. It happened once in awhile that a human would happen upon the floating market and have the gall to visit, but their chances of leaving the same as they began were slim without the aid of a magic cloak. ...But a member of the church. What was she doing here, on what she would call 'enemy' ground?! He began to feel sorry for her-

But more importantly, he had to get Nirvasull away from her before his temper flared. He knew the old demon wouldn't threateningly display in this situa- oh, his bad. When the storm clouds gathered and the floating market was suddenly subjected to an uncalled for storm of obviously unnatural origin, the naga was halfway stopped in the beginnings of a facepalm. Restraining himself. The facepalm comes later. He really hoped nobody would notice it was Nirvasull's fault, for it would be painful to see him become unwelcome on the islet. The fact that he had shielded them against the rain just as it began wasn't too big of a hint, or so he hoped. Well... of course a demon would be sensitive to certain ideas, but... it all seemed unreal to him. Maybe his dad was getting angry in part for his sake.

How could he go around this...? His dad's tone was less than friendly and his words would probably reinforce whatever prejudice the girl had against him. And the already self-conscious Valac. She would be terrified. Nirvasull had asked a question he probably would not like the answer to, causing the naga boy to grimace. What should he do... what would Mythee do? The net result of a downwards spiral remains the same, even if you slow it. To reach an alternate end, break into a new path. She had never actually said that, but he had the impression this was about right. Gathering up his courage, he slid abruptly into his dad's immediate field of view, giving him an apologetic look, first. Hope he'll forgive me. He turned to Ceres, suddenly wearing an urgent expression for her benefit. Look, you really don't have to answer that. "Um... just a sec. You're from Morroc?! That's really far! You got here by accident, right?" A nod for emphasis; please just say yes. "Where is it that you're trying to go? Maybe we could help you there or... off the island?" Another nod, both hands in front of him pleadingly in a prayer sign that she might recognize, hidden from Nirvasull's view.
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
xsparky



Posts : 163

Character sheet
Name:: sparky
Classification: seamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:49 pm


Molly had already separated herself from her young companion, drifting with bored, thoughtless steps back into the thinning streets. Time to go find the old demon, have a lovely dinner, and then probably head back to the ship. Lore's sudden call hit the creatures ears before the first speckle of rain could- ...could it possibly be? Had her very own ears deceived her into some cruel, unusual trick?

No, No- Molly was sure. Lore was asking to shop some more. To buy an umbrella for Nirvasull- but shopping, none the less!

The spotted yellow fabric of her dress swayed to the side with the sudden movement of her turn, her face alight with a big, toothy smile. Her hand already raising up to her chest, another pin-up girl pose, to go with that showy smile and fluttering eyelashes.

"Oh, Lore! What a fantastic idea!", She glanced to the side, only now noticing the sudden rain, "Great timing, too, dear".

With that, Molly was shooing Lore into the nearest doorway, eager to get out of the unexpected downpour, and even more eager to return to spending money.




---



Ceres needn't so many dedicated years in demon education and the passive hinting of a skill called Ruwach, normally used on a much larger scale to find hidden demonic enemies, to notice the sudden change in their surroundings, or the cause. Her eyes tried not to wonder to the sudden rush of movements around the trio as passerby's fled to dryer cover, trying to focus on Nirvasull and Valac instead.

Her head bobbed slightly to his words, feeling the malice and anger, and already deeply regretting to ever stepped upon this strange land in the midst of these overwhelmingly powerful and frightening creatures. (Not that Ceres was aware to the actual extent of the demons power- but looks where enough to convince the girl that he would not be someone she could even attempt to fight at this moment).

The girl jumped lightly again to the rumble of thunder overhead- reaching to cover her hair a moment too late, as Nirvasull's shield beat her to it.

"I'm..." Ceres was attempting again to gather her previous security, "Father Mareusis has sent m-"
The naga boy had pushed himself between the Ceres and Nirvasull, babbling about her home town and looking very...exigent for her reply.

"Yes..." She replied, confused, following with the nod of his head, "Well I didn't-"

Ceres paused. Well she had not happened upon the Floating Market by accident, the latter of Valac's words were true. She did require help off the island, to a certain location-

"Yes! If you are able, there is somewhere of great importance I must be."
Back to top Go down
By the By

avatar

Posts : 191
Location : Everywhere HAHA.

Character sheet
Name:: XQ, XBBQ, By, BB, By the By,
Classification: Classified

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:44 am

In the immediate flare of anger he was experiencing, something caught his attention; Valac. How peculiarly he was behaving, inserting himself between the girl, could he feel a sense of urgency? A peading of somekind, begging the girl to comply and bend to prevent any further harm...
Perhaps Valac was right, perhaps he was overreacting, letting his anger get the best of him, letting the years of frustration at the human population feed his fury, his fire. Literally.

The atmosphere around them untensed, but the rain didn't let up. Nirvasull was able to cause storms, not neccessarily stop them. And so the rain continued, hard and fast, bouncing off the makeshift barrier Nirvasull had created, making the world around them blurry and wet, the streets soon empty.

Silently, the old demon watched his son take over this conversation, following his mother's footsteps. Mythee was exceptionally good at maintaining levels of civility in any small talk, and even though Valac had not been around his mother much, he took up from her a lot. This instantaneous call to duty, immediately calming a rather agitated talk, politics.

He gave a rather heaved and heavy sigh.

"Where do yeh need ter be?" he questionned, a much more fatherly tone invading his booming voice.
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 am

[[OOC: Lol Molly. Only you can possible dramatize something like that so much. HEY SPARKY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE UP THE NEXT SHOP?! Also. Fun fact, what Valac just did was purposefully different from how Mythee would have gone about reestablishing order. But he did OK because diferent things can work and Nirvasull's his dad. Yay Nirvy! xD]]

There was, at first, a lag in Molly's reaction to the mention of shopping for an umbrella. Once Lore had begun wondering if that had been a bad idea, Molly's slow turn and her eyes and fluttering eyelashes suddenly seemed to impose themselves into most of her visual field. Eep?! The human withdrew toward the shop a little, recoiling with intimidation, but recovered quickly. "Glad you agree? I guess... we could try... the same shop agai-"

Turning around, Lore noticed that while they weren't watching, an addition had made itself to the door. The words "Out for break; back in seventeen minutes" were written in cursive white across the glass. The human had no doubt these inscriptions would shift every sixty seconds to serve as a magical countdown. "Huh, odd. We didn't see her coming out. So where do we go now?" She scanned the street for more shops, though their signs were sometimes obscured by the rain.

----

Impressed that Ceres wasn't backing away at his approach seeing how jumpy she was at the moment, Valac could only keep his fingers crossed that she was going to cooperate. He paled as she began to describe her mission, but to their mutual benefit an understanding dawned upon her and she interrupted herself- or rather, was having trouble keeping up with his interruptions- and finally admitted to having somewhere to go. Suddenly, a heavy sigh and a drop in the tension behind the naga boy's back; Nirvasull, too, had understood.

Though the rain would not, a wave of relief washed over Valac and settled his nerves. Letting his shoulders relax, he slid out of the way and turned to be facing both Nirvasull and Ceres, arms crossed. The taxing moment was over, or so he thought, thankful that his father had gone back to normal.

Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
xsparky



Posts : 163

Character sheet
Name:: sparky
Classification: seamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 pm

"Oh!" The palms of Molly's gloved hands had meet Lore, delicately setting down on the girls shoulders to push her back into the shop- but it would seem the shopkeeper was out on break. Just their luck. This was probably for the best. The floating market was swarming with a thousand various types of stores and vendors, and it really would be a shame to visit the same shop twice. With her hands still guiding Lore, Molly turned the younger human back around, quickly directing her forwards.

"Anywhere out of the rain!"

Molly glanced quickly to the few doorways being passed, passing swift judgments before settling on one, and opening the door to let herself and Lore in.

"Tsk- Oh, what a shame. I'll have to buy myself something new. This won't do at all for tonight," Molly seemed to be talking to herself more than anything, readjusting her now-drenched hat and dress. She looked back up, smiling even before her eyes had made it all the way around the room- dresses. Dresses and bows and big, sparkly pieces of jewellery neatly arranged on every piece of store wall, table, and even a few select items seeming to hang- no, just float- in the air above them. Compared to the dreary outside world Lore and Molly had just stepped out of, the rainbow vomit of every fabric and material was nearly blinding.

"Hello, You are to be looking for something in the particular for the shopping time? I am to be the help of the shopping you are to be come to me for the something."

The woman- or so it would be assumed- suddenly in front of Lore and Molly seemed to slither out from behind one of the many piles of clothing, turning it's huge, yellow-tinted eyes upon the new visitors. Unblinking, it's lips unmoving, the creatures face seemed to be painted onto blank, pale flesh. A sickly skeleton with a single layer of skin stretched across the bone, before wrapped and wrapped and wrapped in oodles of fabric and silk and anything to distract from its complete lack of being. All dolled up and ready to find a happy Miss Molly a perfect brand-new dress.




---



The trio seemed to have, greatly thanks to the young naga boy, returned to much calmer conversation. Ceres' posture straightened, her head lifting a little higher before she spoke again. Obviously, there was pride, and even to be sharing with strangers, the acolyte could not help but feel that she truly was blessed to have been granted the opportunity to seek out such a place-

"I need to be in Neikheim. I am headed for one of the human settlements, in the southern point."

Nirvasull would probably have knowledge of Neikheim. Even Valac, if not in his own travels, may have heard the whisper of other wondering spirits, the stories of the small island, unreachable by even the bravest seafaring men. It was far out of Ceres human life-span that Neikheim, a once human population, had been devastated by a series of other-worldly plagues and disease, eradicating it's towns to a sparse few surviving villages. The island now served home to a majority of demonic and undead creatures, while the human population remained in weary struggle of another sickness outbreak or attack.

Obviously, this must have been Ceres reason for visit to the floating market. Neikheim remained unreachable by any human means, and thus the girl had found herself here, in hopes of finding some sort of item, or person who could help her on her risky travels. It was not unusual for Priests or Monks to visit the island, lending temporary support or delivering needed supplies to the locals. Ceres was definitely not a Priest or Monk- a career level below, and still seeming on the young side for such a mission. No wonder she sounded so proud...but in the same way, it was no wonder she was having so much difficulty in reaching the island.
Back to top Go down
By the By

avatar

Posts : 191
Location : Everywhere HAHA.

Character sheet
Name:: XQ, XBBQ, By, BB, By the By,
Classification: Classified

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Nirvasull passed a very heavy frown.
The fact was that no human had ever mad it there alive, alone, in 200 human years. The sea and the island had been cursed from a very vengeful spirit. The priests and monks that have visited the island in recent years to aid the population were either accompagnied by non-humans, increadibly powerful humans themselves, or plain not humans; Ceres was certainly not powerful enough to go there on her own. Not to mention that she was much to young for such a mission; it was suicide! What kind of pricks were willing to send what looked like a 14 year olf on such an adventure...he huffed a little, the father in his blood boiling to a rage.

"Neikheim??" he spat in her general direction. "Fahther Mareusees is sendin' yeh ohn a suicaide missiohn, aye hohpe yer know that." barking almost, saying this perhaps a little too loud. Was he getting angry at the human? Or was he getting angry at the carelessness of the man, or maybe even the ignorance of the girl...it was hard to tell really.
"Yer wohnt be able ter go alohne." And that was final.

Was he willing to give other solutions to the girl? There was obvious pride in her job, and just from looking at her attitude she would not be the type to back down so easily.
But what could he offer her? He most certainly was not going to accompagny her there; no demon would be welcome after the plague that had ravaged the lands...

He looked at Valac. Travelling...
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Before she knew it, there she was marching awkwardly forwards with Molly's hands on her shoulders, pushing her from behind. Thankfully they arrived to their destination before Lore could act out her compulsion to begin dancing the conga line dance. The shopfront was not marked with anything that would indicate umbrellas, but despite not knowing whether or not Molly really knew where they were going, Lore took a gamble and stepped in.

Her immediate reaction was to swerve her gaze up to the ceiling, which really didn't help as the explosion of bright clashing colors was floating in every direction. Her eyes shot down and fixed on the floor, which was safe. Sigh of relief as she mentally prepared herself, squinted, and looked back up. Oh. It was another clothing store. Having only half-listened to Molly's words, Lore replied to the auditory input: "You know, so much human-sized garb does not reflect the variety of shapes we saw out there."

And sudden shopkeeper surprise! ...A ...woman was uh, spilling out words in a most amusing fashion while boring holes into the guest's skulls with her gaze from eyes that looked like they could shoot laserbeams. She also had an ...interesting body thing going on, but Lore was sure that whatever species she was from, this was perfectly normal. Yes, normallll. The word sloshed around in the human's brain for awhile.

"...Um, hello! We're looking for a dress for Molly." Lore indicated the eager and wet madam to her right. She was tempted to add 'she likes gray and plaid patterns' as a joke, but something told her she would be risking her neck. Since when did she even have such inexplicable premonitions?!

((OOC Soring: BD ))

----

And then, his dad looked at him. The tip of the Naga's tail, which had been coiled in motionless suspense, began to swish from side to side nervously as he shot a concerned look to Ceres, then Nirvasull. It's not like he didn't understand where this was going, but anybody who could easily make the decision to undertake this journey would have to be insane. Nirvasull hadn't said anything yet. He thought. Ceres would go on her mission no matter what. Few around these parts would enjoy keeping her brand of company, exorcist-religion and all. As for him, he was not entirely a pushover... and if there were serpents where she was going (of which he was certain) they would have natives to guide them, so long as he was present. Chances of survival would not be as grim. A few seconds was all it took to decide- so, he must be insane after all. With a smile that said oh to heck with it, he offered up the inevitable suggestion. "What do you say I bring you there?" It was not going to be an easy journey, but sometimes one had to answer the call of adventure.
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
xsparky



Posts : 163

Character sheet
Name:: sparky
Classification: seamonkey

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Lore had pointed out an interesting fact- yes, most of the clothing that her and Molly had browsed through today was definitely more fitting to the human body-type: whilst the majority of creatures they had seen outside could not possibly wiggle into something like pants or a t-shirt. Molly wasn't one to put much further thought into the weird realization, though. As long as she could wear the clothing, she would be happy.

Molly beamed at the shopkeeper, and was absolutely delighted to both be back in a shop of such flashy rainbow variety, and that Lore seemed to be so onboard with this whole 'Molly needs to buy a new dress' thing.

"Molly, Mrs, I will to be helping of the finding of a new dress. I will be happy to be the help. You should be to following me and if to be seeing the new dresses," The store-assistant spoke, painted features remaining unmoved, before drawing out the skeletal hand to direct Molly and Lore further into the shop. The creature turned, an action that seemed a little choppy and unnatural, before beginning to move (its legs hidden beneath all the clothing it was drowning in, but it didn't look like normal stepping. It was more of a gliding action, now) deeper into the shop.

Molly looked away from the helpers back, blinking down to Lore with a smile, "You said something about getting an umbrella for Nirvasull, didn't you, dear? You might have some luck finding one here- Or maybe even a new outfit for yourself..."

There was an inkling of hope there that Lore would suddenly have the most dramatic of personality changes, and suddenly realize her love for all that is rainbow and glitter and girly, and set herself up with the attire proper for someone like herself...But that probably wouldn't happen. Either way- Molly was looking back up now, following the shop-creature to a display of brand new fancy outfits. It was going to be a long time now with the shark women browsing and trying on whatever the shop-assistant would happily (assumed happily. The face looked happy enough. Creepy. But happy) point out and try to sell to the other. Molly would find the perfect thing for the promised dinner tonight.




---



The young girl pulled in her lower lip slightly, brows creasing to Nirvasull's hiss of words. She didn't enjoy hearing such a blunt accusation of the holy leader, who had never guided the girl into a situation she could not handle.

No, even know, lost and confused in a Floating market, far from safety and surrounded by a great many beasts that wouldn't blink twice to classifying someone of her species and job as the 'enemy'; and in full knowing of the rumours and history of Neikheim- Ceres, though nervous, had never doubted the Fathers mission for her.

Despite disagreeing, Ceres bit her tongue; it would be improper to get into a yelling match over such a thing. It was written all over the inexperienced acolytes face- that, no matter what, she was going to complete the task she had been given.

The upset, determined look on Ceres face gave way to surprise, looking back to the Naga boy. She was hoping for help from the two somehow, but she hadn't expected the offer for an actual guide.

"If you would be so willing," Ceres blinked, shifting the weight of her weapon to her other hand for a bit, "It would be greatly appreciated....Oh. I never did get your names".

Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
avatar

Posts : 326
Location : Far away from Gastontero

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Loree msashed teh keyuboard tokp maker a trollging pohst

tyhey will b e sho poleased
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Come Sail Away! xD   

Back to top Go down
 
Come Sail Away! xD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Raijin "God of Thunder" Onimaru
» Chapter 2: Set Sail! The Beatroot is ours! [Private Job]
» The Auroa Of a New Adventure Arises! Set Sail! Bare Fist Dorian! (Open) (Recruiting for The Bare Fist Pirates)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Path to Shatterdown :: The Archive :: .B Archive-
Jump to: